I spent a wonderful week relaxing on the beach with my family. It was just what I needed to take my mind off all the testing, poking and prodding. Myrtle Beach has always been a favorite spot because it affords me the opportunity to visit my family and the beach.
My parents grew up in a small town right outside of Myrtle Beach and we have a considerable amount of family who still resides there. It was strange going to my grandmom's house and not hearing her voice or hugging her neck. My grandmom passed earlier this year and this was my first time returning. I found myself still observing the rules that she set forth as though she were there to punish me. My aunt created a beautiful memorial in the yard that I know my grandmom would love. It truly warmed my heart as I sat and watched it.
I stressed the importance of this visit to my family as I realize that it might be the only beach vacation that we take as I planned to have surgery before the summer ends.
- 11 Amazing Things to See, Do and Eat in Kansas City Missouri This Summer
- Is This The Year of Travel? How To Plan It Well
- The Top 5 Reasons to Visit the Disney World Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
- 7 Incredible Day Trips from New York City
- 7 Amazing Destinations in New York State (That Aren’t NYC)
- Ultimate Hawaii Bucket List for Nature Lovers – Oahu
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach with Kids
- 6 Places You Need to Visit in Southwest USA
- An Easy Travel Guide to Visit Glasgow: What to See, Eat, and Where to Sleep
- The 2022 Infiniti QX60 Tour: Behold the Most Beautiful, Luxurious SUV You Will Ever Drive
- One Day in Philadelphia: City Guide for Families (Staycation or Visitors)
- Moving to Philadelphia: A Quick Guide