….But keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.
If you were a Girl Scout or had one in your home at some point, you should know this song very well. I spent 8 wonderful years of my life as a girl scout and I am elated that my daughter is also one. This summer we decided to try out the camp. I was skeptical at first. My daughter is not the average kid that you can drop off amongst a group of kids. She tends to be shy at times.
Together we looked through the spark magazine and selected some activities that we thought would be fun. There were tons to choose from. We arrived on the first day and she was greeted by the counselors who immediately welcomed her. Within five minutes she was laughing and playing with the other girls. I was dismissed with a big hug and kiss.
When I arrived to pick her up, she was still smiling and even though she was happy to see me, she could not stop talking about all the fun she had. She literally talked until she fell asleep mid-sentence.
Her first week focused on the environment. “Leave No Trace” taught the girls the importance of taking care of the environment. They spent a week swimming, participating in field activities such as using a compass and making knots, hiking and ended with a fashion show.
Girl Scouts of SouthEastern PA wants to make certain to every girl has a chance to attend one of their camps and will offer a 30% discount to all neighborhood readers and friends. Just enter “summer” at check out.
If your daughter attends, please be certain to let me know how she enjoyed it.
- Halle Bailey is Taking Disney Dreamers Academy ‘Under the Sea'
- Simple Strategies to Make 2023 Your Best Year Yet!
- Start Your Holiday Shopping Now & Win $100
- Disney Dreamers Academy has Gone Virtual
- Toyota Entrepreneurial EnTOURAGE Highlights Philadelphia Black Owned Businesses
- Dreams Do Come True- Disney Dreamers Academy
- How to Survive Dîner en Blanc?
- Mother's Day and a $100 Macy's Giftcard
- Head to McDonald's for Treat. Trick. Win!
- Old Navy and Back to School
- Come Out and Meet Laura Geller
- $150 Nike Giftcard