On Tuesday, January 12th, local nonprofits and dealerships in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) areas will receive face masks to distribute directly to members of their communities.
Residents are invited to stop by local Ford dealerships and community nonprofits distribution sites, to pick up 20 disposable face masks (while supplies last)
Masks are produced by Ford and the UAW.
The Mask Donation Day is part of Ford’s #FinishStrong initiative – a public call to action encouraging Americans to pull together, protect each other and help save lives in the months ahead until COVID-19 vaccines become more widely available.
In addition to Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, Ford is also hosting Mask Donation Day events in, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, and New Jersey.
Ford has been a leader in COVID-19 mitigation efforts since April and one of the first manufacturers to pivot toward making personal protective equipment (PPE). The company, in partnership with the UAW, has produced tens of millions of pieces of PPE to meet the strong demand. These include: 55 million face masks; 20 million face shields; 50,000 patient ventilators; more than 32,000 powered air-purifying respirators in collaboration with 3M; and 1.6 million washable isolation gowns.
Since August 2020, Ford and Ford Fund, the company’s philanthropic arm, have distributed more than 50 million masks to nonprofit organizations, state and local officials, first responders, schools, community groups and Ford dealerships in all 50 states. Ford will hit its goal of producing 100 million medical-grade masks for donation to at-risk communities by mid-2021.
In October, Ford Warriors in Pink provided mask for persons fighting breast cancer. Ford has been supporting the fight against breast cancer for 26 years and has dedicated over $138 million to the cause. Today, Ford Warriors in Pink® is helping warriors move in more ways than one.
- Celebrate Global Running Day and Black Music Month with a special runDisney Playlist
- What Covid taught us about Infectious Disease Awareness Training- Scholarships Available
- 12 Amazing Physical Self-Care Ideas
- How to Take Care of Your Mental Health as a Mom
- How to Kickstart Your Daily Self Care Routine?
- No Peloton, No Problem: 7 Budget-Friendly Workout Tools You’ll Want To Use Everyday
- Hey Brown Girl, Don’t Let Eczema Stop You
- A Clear Message From Concussion
- Fit for the Week #FitNFab
- #FitNFab- Getting Started
- Meet My New Guy
- I'm RadioActive