Philadelphia is making history again. This time it's with the genius world record and in advance of the upcoming World Premiere of Crayola IDEAworks: The Creativity Exhibition.
The Franklin Institute invited Philadelphia art teacher Dyymond Whipper- Young, to showcase her creativity with inspiring visuals throughout the 6,450 square-foot world record drawing. With a blank canvas and one black Crayola Project XL Marker to start—Dyymond will take inspiration from the upcoming world premiere exhibition as she freehand sketches on Tyvek® material covering the floor of the Mandell Center, where the exhibit will be open to the public in February.
The previous record-holder was set by Franceso Caporale, Italian artist, with 6118.96 square feet drawing. The artist broke the Guinness World Record after spending five days creating a drawing that covers 6,118.96 square feet in Altomonte's central square on November 3.
The Philadelphia based museum is one of the most visited places in Pennsylvania. It is a leading science center that promotes creativity and learning for all ages.
The Crayola Ideaworks exhibition will remind you to “open your mind, make your mark, and color your world” like only Crayola and the Franklin Institute can do. Times tickets are available for purchase. A separate ticket is required for admission to the museum. The Franklin Institute is open Wed-Fri 10am-5pm & Sat-Sun 10am-6pm.
The Franklin Institute is committed to the best safeguard the health and safety of all, and have significantly enhanced our protocols and procedures. As the guidelines change, the museum will continue to monitor and review guidance from the city, state, federal government, and public health officials, and adjust as necessary.
- Foodies Unite! Crave Montco is Back and it all looks delicious
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day and Help Preserve Our Planet
- Disney Dreamers Academy Day Three: The Jumpstart
- Kelly Rowland Serves as Ambassador for Disney Dreamers Academy
- 20 WAYS TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
- Turning Valentine's Day into Galentine's Day
- Tabitha Brown + Essence Magazine
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021 Shopping Guide
- Ten+ Must Have Items for Your Winter Capsule Wardrobe
- Planning a Teen Party with Razor Scooter Obstacle Course and Giveaway
- Celebrate the Black Man- Happy Father's Day
- Juneteenth: Everything you Need to Know and How to Celebrate