The 2019/20 season will bring the best of touring Broadway to the heart of the City of Brotherly Love, featuring the latest Tony® Award-winning productions, as well as returning beloved Broadway classics. A monumental slate of 9 productions will be making their Philadelphia premieres, including: Come From Away; Mean Girls; The Spongebob Musical; The Band’s Visit; Hello, Dolly!; Dear Evan Hansen; Escape to Margaritaville; Cirque Dreams: Holidaze; and Summer: The Donna Summer Musical. Broadway Philadelphia is presented collaboratively by the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and The Shubert Organization, with productions at the Academy of Music, Forrest Theatre, and the Merriam Theater.
Broadway Philadelphia subscription packages are on sale now. Subscribers save single ticket prices and are offered a variety of exclusive privileges, including the first opportunity to select the best seats in the house and the option to renew their seats each year. Subscribers also enjoy a host of benefits, including waiving of exchange fees, priority ticket access, payment plan options, exclusive experiences, and more.
7-show packages are available now and include Tuesday through Sunday performances of Come From Away; Mean Girls; The Spongebob Musical; The Band’s Visit; Hello, Dolly!; Dear Evan Hansen; and Escape to Margaritaville.
Mid-week matinee performances are NEW for the 2019-20 season. Subscription packages range from $249.00 to $911.00 and are available online at kimmelcenter.org/broadway1920 or by calling 215-893-1955. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more beginning May 13 and can be purchased by calling (215) 790-5883 or online at kimmelcenter.org/groupsales.
- RENT 20th Anniversary Tour Returning following sold-out run in March 2019 October 18-October 20, 2019 • Merriam Theater In 1996, an original rock musical by a little-known composer opened on Broadway… and forever changed the landscape of American theatre.
- COME FROM AWAY October 22-November 3, 2019 • Academy of Music Broadway’s Come From Away is a Best Musical winner all across North America! This New York Times Critics’ Pick takes you into the heart of the remarkable true story of 7,000 stranded passengers and the small town in Newfoundland that welcomed them.
- MEAN GIRLS November 19-December 1, 2019 • Academy of Music Direct from Broadway, MEAN GIRLS is the hilarious hit musical from an award-winning creative team, including book writer TINA FEY (“30 Rock), composer JEFF RICHMOND (“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”), lyricist NELL BENJAMIN (Legally Blonde) and director CASEY NICHOLAW (The Book of Mormon).
- THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL December 3-December 15, 2019 • The Forrest Theatre A legendary roster of Grammy® Award winners. A visionary director and a Tony Award®-winning design team. One of the world’s most beloved characters.
- CIRQUE DREAMS: HOLIDAZE December 26-December 29, 2019 • Merriam Theater Cirque Dreams Holidaze lights up the 2019 holiday season with its popular and electrifying stage spectacular The New York Daily News proclaims “a delicious confection of charm, sparkle and talent by the sleigh load and so full of energy it could end our dependence on oil.” Cirque Dream Holidaze features the most unique cast of incomparable cirque artists and theatrical talent that leaves audiences spellbound. This critically-acclaimed extravaganza is a BROADWAY MUSICAL AND NEW CIRQUE ADVENTURE WRAPPED INTO THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY GIFT FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY.
- THE BAND’S VISIT January 7-January 19, 2020 • Academy of Music The Band’s Visit is the winner of 10 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, making it one of the most Tony-winning musicals in history. And now it’s also a Grammy Award® winner for Best Musical Theater Album. In this joyously offbeat story, set in a town that’s way off the beaten path, a band of musicians arrive lost, out of the blue. Under the spell of the desert sky, and with beautiful music perfuming the air, the band brings the town to life in unexpected and tantalizing ways. Even the briefest visit can stay with you forever.
- RIVERDANCE January 21-January 26, 2020 • Merriam Theater Riverdance, as you’ve never seen or heard it before! A powerful and stirring re-invention of this beloved favourite, celebrated the world-over for its Grammy award-winning score and the excitement, energy and dynamism of its Irish and International Dance.
- HELLO, DOLLY! February 18-March 1, 2020 • Academy of Music Winner of four Tony Awards including Best Musical Revival, Hello, Dolly! is the universally acclaimed smash that NPR calls “the best show of the year!”
- LES MISÉRABLES March 17-March 29, 2020 • Academy of Music Cameron Mackintosh presents the new production of Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg’s Tony Award-winning musical phenomenon, Les Misérables, direct from its acclaimed Broadway return.
- JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR April 7-April 12, 2020 • Academy of Music An album that inspired a REVOLUTION. A REVELATION that changed the world. A REINVENTION for this millennium. Jesus Christ Superstar is an iconic musical phenomenon with a world-wide fan base. In celebration of its 50th Anniversary, a new mesmerizing production comes to North America.
- DEAR EVAN HANSEN April 7-May 3, 2020 • The Forrest Theatre WINNER OF SIX 2017 TONY®AWARDS INCLUDING BEST MUSICAL AND THE 2018 GRAMMY®AWARD FOR BEST MUSICAL THEATER ALBUM A letter that was never meant to be seen, a lie that was never meant to be told, a life he never dreamed he could have. Evan Hansen is about to get the one thing he’s always wanted: a chance to finally fit in.
- WAITRESS May 12-May 17, 2020 • Merriam Theater Meet Jenna, a waitress and expert pie-maker who dreams of a way out of her small town and rocky marriage.
- SUMMER: THE DONNA SUMMER MUSICAL June 2-June 7, 2020 • Academy of Music She was a girl from Boston with a voice from heaven, who shot through the stars from gospel choir to dance floor diva.
- ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE June 16-June 28, 2020 • Academy of Music Welcome to Margaritaville, where people come to get away from it all—and stay to find something they never expected.