It's that time of year where the days are longer and the calendar says spring has arrived. As you begin to put away the remnants of fall/winter, don't just throw everything back in to the closet. Take some time to purge your closet and make space for the hottest spring items.
A closet purge can be overwhelming but not if you follow these five simple rules for things that you need to donate now.
- Anything you have not worn in a year. Chances are you will not wear it this year either. Don't hoard items under false pretenses. If it still has tags on it or you can't think of at least three ways to style it, then let it go. At one point in time, formal wear was not included in this but with social media, no one wants to wear items repeatedly and have their picture posted.
- If it doesn't fit, chances are it never will. We all have those items that look good on a hanger but does nothing for our figure. Stop wasting valuable closet real estate.
- Items that come with emotional baggage. Do you have items that remind you of a broken relationship or a negative time in your life? Just seeing the items can bring back bad memories and with spring on the horizon, we only want to focus on the positive. Think Marie Kondo and ask yourself if it “sparks joy” This also includes those pants that your mom gave you.
- Do you have old, metal hangers? Do you keep the hangers from your dry cleaning just in case? Gather them now and donate to a local Goodwill or thrift shop. An organized closets should be filled with space saving non-slip velvet hangers
- Anything that you would not buy, if you were out shopping right now.
Good Ideas Tomika. I am getting my pants as got some weight, I believe I should donate it now. and start regular walking in my slip on shoes . Thanks for your ideas.
Comments are closed.