No compensation was provided for this honest review
I was pretty skeptical that it would be a lame female attempt to the Mel Gibson comedy, “What Women Want”, but it was so much more. Ali, played by Taraji P. Henson, a highly successful female sports agent can't seem to move forward in her all male dominated career and she wonders just what she needs to do to succeed. A peculiar psychic (played by Erykah Badu), “grants” Ali the ability to hear men’s thoughts and the answer becomes clear.
Using her new powers, she learns that the one recruit that she feels can change her career outcome is a family man and wants an agent that is very similar. Ali, (Taraji P. Hensen) acquires a fake husband (Aldis Hodge) and son, and within minutes takes his life by storm.
Raised by a single father, Skip (Richard Roundtree), Ali is use to operating like one of the guys so she has to learn how to be nurturing. She believes that packing power and hitting the hardest is most important. Ironically hearing the thoughts of men is what helps her discover what matters most.
Check out the “What Men Want” movie trailer and then head over to see what co-stars, Aldis Hodge and Richard Roundtree have to say about the movie.
What are men thinking?
During the screening a few women were laughing declaring that most men only want sex and food. “What Men Wants” shows the human side of men where they can be vulnerable and insecure. Both sexes quickly learn that communication along with mutual respect and honesty play a huge factor in the success of any relationship.
Who should see the movie?
Rated R, this must see movie is perfect to enjoy with friends especially those who like to laugh. Powerful social issue messages are weaved throughout the film in a humorous yet relatable way. The scenes between Ali (Taraji P. Hensen) and Will (Aldis Hodge) will keep you laughing. Remember Wakanda Forever!
Directed by Adam Shankman and produced by Will Packer, the all-star cast of “What Men Want” includes Taraji P. Henson, Aldis Hodge, Richard Roundtree, Traci Morgan, Tamala Jones and Erykah Badu. “What Men Want” opens in theaters on February 8th.
- Free Movie Passes! See “AIR” before it Hits Theaters
- 100 Students Selected for Disney Dreamers Academy 2023
- See A Thousand and One Before it Hits Theaters
- Macy's Annual Holiday Celebration: A Magical Event for the Whole Family
- The Tina Turner Musical Comes to Philadelphia!
- Justice for Emett Till: A Call to Action and Free Passes to King of Prussia Screening
- 2nd Street Festival Takes Over Northern Liberties
- The Philadelphia Zoo Lets You Get Up Close and Personal with the Giraffes
- Fire Safety Tips Every Family Needs and FREE Tickets to see “Playing with Fire”
- Experience the World at Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival.
- Nine April Fool's Pranks to Avoid
- Happy 20th UniverSoul Circus