My DVR is on overload and if I didn't have Verizon Fios, I would be at my wit's end. Verizon Fios allows me to record twelve shows simultaneously and on many days I do. September is generally the start of new shows and the return of many favorites. This is one of the many reasons why I love Fall. I dedicate a time each week to snuggle with the family and watch the season premieres.
My family has enjoyed the comedic relief of Blackish since 2014. It has truly become the modern-day Cosby show as they navigate upper middle-income life while weaving in the realities of the African-American families. The season opened with Dre, Anthony Anderson, taking the family on a VIP trip to Walt Disney. I laughed and reminisced as I thought about the many trips my family has taken to Disney. You might recall that last year, we were privileged to attend the Disney Social Media Moms event and while we did not have an official tour guide, it was truly a VIP experience that left everyone wanting to cry when it ended. I have already watched the episode three times.
Here are my five favorite new shows that have debuted this fall.
- Queen Sugar: This OWN network drama series is set in Louisiana and is centered around three siblings. The siblings are trying to navigate the loss of a family matriarch. The previews of this show resonated with me and I knew it would be a hit when I saw that Ava DuVernay had her hands on this series. She truly has the midas touch.
- This Is Us: NBC has a winner with this series that has a group of random individuals who in some cases share a birthday meet in unexpected ways.
- Designated Survivor: A show you'll love to watch but pray it never becomes a reality. This ABC show is centered around an attack at the White House which leaves a low-level cabinet worker as the designated survivor.
- Kevin Can Wait: The writers of this CBS show have done a good job showing how many wives shield their husbands from the daily stress of raising a family but lucky for Donna, Errin Hayes, Kevin, Kevin James, retires from the police force and quickly finds out.
- Luke Cage: My son turned me on to this superhero that looks like him that has super strength and unbreakable skin. This Netflix series is a show that we were delighted to binge watch. Problem is now I have to wait for season two:( My advice pace yourself!
I can't forget the return of my favorites such as Rosewood, Empire, Blacklist, SVU and the Thank God It's Thursday line up.
What's on your favorite list as I would hate to miss anything good.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored as part of a campaign with #FiosPhilly. All opinions belong to me.
- 100 Students Selected for Disney Dreamers Academy 2023
- See A Thousand and One Before it Hits Theaters
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods Movie Review: A Spoiler-Free Look at DC's Latest Film
- Macy's Annual Holiday Celebration: A Magical Event for the Whole Family
- Internet Accessibility for All with Comcast
- Rhythm + Flow
- Grab Your FREE Passes to See Hustlers
- Brittany Runs a Marathon is a Movie to Inspire You
- Six Things that Make You Go Ahh in the Lion King Movie
- Just 3 Wishes- An Aladdin Movie Review
- A Chat with the Village Star Jerod Haynes
- What Men Want Review