The month of September marks National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. According to the American Cancer Society, prostate cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths among U.S. males. The charts below show this rising rates. We must do something to protect our men. Here are few tips to follow.
- Make necessary dietary changes
- Eat more whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Consume good fats such as olive oil, nuts and avocados.
- Limit or eliminate fast food or most processed foods as they contain trans fat which is unhealthy
- Find ways to add soy to your diet. The soy bean is believed to be a great hindrance for prostate cancer.
- Limit alcohol, caffeine, salt, and sugar intake
- Get your body Healthy
- Exercise regularly
- Consult with your doctor on a healthy supplement
- Don't Smoke
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stay Informed
- Be aware of your family history
- Know the symptoms
- Talk to your doctor regularly
Data Curated by healthgrove.com