My family has two key dates each year. They both involve family, food and fun. We are a busy family between children activities, work, volunteering, exercising and hanging out with friends. But two times a year nothing is more important than spending time with our family for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. These two holidays are key parts of the American culture, but that isn't all we celebrate. There is a refreshing, soul cleansing feeling that you receive from being around those you love…. and that love you back.
The time isn't dedicated for wild adventures, the memories come from just sitting together, talking together and most importantly eating together. I love that my children have an opportunity to eat the same recipes that I grew up eating. Still cooked by the same Aunts, Uncles and Cousins that have prepared their signature dishes year after year. That unique experience has directly benefited my immediate family. We bond over the food, but in a good way. Our bellies are definitely full with food, but they are also filled with love and enough laughter to sweat off all the pounds we just consumed.
There are plenty of things in this world I would sacrifice, but for those two days. I would spend my last dollar to get there. It is just that important to maintaining the strength of our family. Something as simple as a good meal, love and laughter. In those two days, I feel more refreshed than weeks away from home on a beautiful island paradise.
This Pork rib recipe involves very little planning which is why I love it and make it often. I stalk the market for meat sales and stock up on Pork Ribs so I’m rarely without.
Slab of Pork Ribs
Seasonings of Choice- I usually raid my cabinet but here are my favorites
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1.Boil ribs in pot with salt/pepper and 1/4 of the brown sugar
2. Combine remaining seasonings in a bowl and rub on the ribs
3. Wrap in foil
4. Bake in oven at 350 for 40 minutes
5. Add BBQ sauce of choice ten minutes prior to completion
6. Garnish and add the sides of choice.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored but all opinions are my own.
- Simple Strategies to Make 2023 Your Best Year Yet!
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022
- Start Your Holiday Shopping Now & Win $100
- Pretty In Pink- Finding Joy in the Midst of Breast Cancer
- Toyota Entrepreneurial EnTOURAGE Highlights Philadelphia Black Owned Businesses
- Disney Dreamers Academy Applications Deadline Fast Approaching
- How to Survive Dîner en Blanc?
- Your Guide to the Best Walking Shoes for a Visit to Washington DC
- Fios and the Net Nanny Equal a Perfect Combination
- Old Navy and Back to School
- $150 Nike Giftcard
- Make New Friends…Girl Scout Camp