Did you know that January is National Stalker Awareness Month. On December 31, 2015, President Barack Obama signed the Presidential Proclamation. While the Oxford dictionary defines “stalker” as a person who stealthily hunts or pursues an animal or another person, the legal definition varies from state to state and I encourage you to learn it.
It is reported that nearly 7.5 million people are stalked in one year. The largest percentage is women but it does happen to men and most are stalked by people they know. What could appear as something so innocent could quickly escalate.
Stalking is one of a few crimes where early intervention can prevent violence and death. Pay attention to the warning signs and alert someone you trust
Follow you and show up wherever you are.
Send unwanted gifts, letters, cards, or e-mails.
Damage your home, car, or other property.
Monitor your phone calls or computer use.
Use technology, like hidden cameras or global positioning systems (GPS), to track where you go.
Drive by or hang out at your home, school, or work.
Threaten to hurt you, your family, friends, or pets.
Find out about you by using public records or online search services, hiring investigators, going through your garbage, or contacting friends, family, neighbors, or co-workers.
Posting information or spreading rumors about you on the Internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth.
Other actions that control, track, or frighten you.
How much do you know about stalking? Is an excellent tool and conversation piece to make certain that we keep our loved ones protected.
- Halle Bailey is Taking Disney Dreamers Academy ‘Under the Sea'
- Simple Strategies to Make 2023 Your Best Year Yet!
- Start Your Holiday Shopping Now & Win $100
- Meal Plan Tips for Busy Moms
- King of Prussia Mall Welcomes Wacoal
- Dreams Do Come True- Disney Dreamers Academy
- Disney Dreamers Academy Applications Deadline Fast Approaching
- Is Diner En Blanc for the Elitist?
- Brown Skin Girl Challenge- Beyonce Did That!
- Fios and the Net Nanny Equal a Perfect Combination
- Tradewinds & Jimmy Buffett A Perfect Combination
- Happy Lent, What Did You Give Up?