DISCLOSURE: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I WILL EARN A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK THROUGH AND MAKE A PURCHASE. IN ADDITION, SOME DETAILS WERE PROVIDED BY TURFMUTT.
With so much going on, it seems only right to give the black man in your life a special Father's Day. This includes any black man that you know. He doesn't have to be your father, husband or baby daddy. I am sure we all know a black man who deserves to know he is appreciated. It's a sad reality, that almost every day they see they examples of the world looking to tear them down and it's time to change that.
Let's make sure they know we appreciate their existence. Thank them for being there, making you laugh and serving as grillmaster. With Father's Day being so closed to Juneteenth, don't let it pass as just another day. During Tea Talk Thursday with Anitra Durand-Allen, we discussed why this admiration is important. The family unit is often broken and we have to look at the mental and emotional distress that it places on Black Men. Father's play a crucial role in sustaining healthy families.
Host a Special Father's Day Celebration
Don't let coronavirus be the reason that you don't celebrate Father's Day. You can connect virtually or have some fun at home. Set up a virtual gathering using one of the many services available. You can play bingo or one of the many Father's Day virtual trivia games available from Watson Adventures.
The in person game adventures are endless. Grab a basketball and challenge him to a shoot off or maybe see who can throw the football the longest. No football or basketball on hand? Look around and see what you have. Relay races are easy and a scavenger hunt could be fun especially if you get the kids involved. Rollors is a pretty cool game that combines horseshoes, bocce ball and outdoor bowling. Experience has taught that the best games are ones that can be re…. to see the fun going.
Treat dad to a special dinner. We love turning on the grill for our seafood treasures from Sitka Salmon Shares or the organic bundle from Perdue Farms deliveries. Even if dad is the grillmaster, give him the day off.
A backyard movie night with popcorn and nothing bundt cakes is fun especially if you let them pick the movie. I am excited to partner with Toyota and host a backyard Father's Day. Toyota knows how much fathers means to families and the community.
A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose light shows us the way.unknown
Gifts That All Men Will Love
- GRILLING—For dads who love to grill, the MeatStick is touted as the number one wireless meat thermometer. It works on both Android and iOS and connects wirelessly to your smartphone as you cook.
- ICED COFFEE—Now your dad can get super cold, iced coffee that isn’t watered down in less than a minute with this iced coffee chiller from HyperChiller. Just keep it in the freezer and take it out to brew or pour hot coffee directly into it.
- DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME—Dads love to browse pictures of family and friends and it’s never been easier that with a digital photo frame you can pre-load with hundreds of smiling faces. One of the best for price, size, and ease of use is Aluratek’s Widescreen 17-inch High Resolution Photo Frame.
- ENTERTAINMENT AT HAND—Your dad can have his tunes in hand with the Zak Tumbler with Speaker. Keeps drinks cool for up to 16 hours and prevents condensation. He can play all his favorite tunes and stay hydrated no matter where their day takes him.
- PERSONALIZED GIFTS—Gifts made just for him are a hit and show how special he is. Think t-shirts, cards, personalized mugs. Grabbing a Cricut makes this a fun activity.
- PERFECT JEANS—Add some fun to his wardrobe with a new pair of jeans from Silver Jeans. They are comfortable and easy to wear.
- CABLE MANAGER—Working from home has countertops, kitchen nooks, and end tables cluttered and messy. The Smartish Cable Wrangler can help. It uses magnets to hold cables and cords neatly in place.
- WIRELESS HEADPHONES—Dads will appreciate value and function with the Padmate PaMu Slide wireless earbuds, generally available for under $75, but still packing good sound, ten hours of battery life, and in-case charging.
- MOBILE POWER—Give your dad a little mobile power boost with one of our popular chargers. For tablets and smartphones, there’s Mobile Edge’s Core Power 26,800mAh Portable USB Battery/Charger; and for laptops, there’s our Core Power AC USB 27,000mAh Portable Laptop Charger.
- FATHERLESS- The newly released book Fatherless, is a great addition to the family library. It's a true account of what it means to navigate without a consistent male role model.
To my Father: I count it a privilege to have an amazing role model for what a good husband and father should look like. There was never a day that I did not feel love and knew that I was worthy of all my dreams and desires. You are my example to the world that Superheroes do exist!
To my Husband: Thank you for loving me in spite of my flaws. Thank you for rising to the challenge and being the King of our family despite being Fatherless. You are setting an amazing example for the kids and I love you!
- Foodies Unite! Crave Montco is Back and it all looks delicious
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day and Help Preserve Our Planet
- Philadelphia Flower Show Preview: What to Expect
- Kelly Rowland Serves as Ambassador for Disney Dreamers Academy
- 20 WAYS TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
- Disney Dreamers Academy Returns in Person for 2022 and Celebrates 15 years!
- Tabitha Brown + Essence Magazine
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021 Shopping Guide
- Philadelphia based Franklin Institute Breaks World Record
- Ten+ Must Have Items for Your Winter Capsule Wardrobe
- Sofia Vergara and the Ninja Coffee Bar
- How to Deal with The New SAT- A Cheat Sheet
Thank you for sharing such wonderful gift ideas and tributes to the wonderful men in your life.
Comments are closed.