Yesterday, I rode passed my favorite bike trail and longed for the spring. Today, I received this and I wanna go! Who wants to join me?
Access Trips, the leading adventure travel operator specializing in immersive learning vacations for active explorers of every skill level, is offering five mountain biking vacations from the mountains to the beaches of Costa Rica this year. A hallmark of the Access Trips experience is learning a new skill, and guests will enjoy hands-on learning about mountain biking while exploring the destination, whether they are beginner cyclists, intermediate or expert level.
Costa Rica is known for its diverse landscapes and wildlife, and the destination is an active vacationer's dream. Access Trips guests literally experience nature while on two wheels during the 8-day trip that begins in Costa Rica's central valley and ends on the Pacific Coast, while enjoying deluxe accommodations each evening. In addition to breathtaking and diverse scenery, guests ride on a variety of tracks, paths and cattle trails while staying off-road for 90% of the journey. The trip caters to all skill levels, especially beginners looking to try mountain biking for the first time. There is always a support vehicle following the group, for safety and in case guests wish to take a break!
Highlights of the Costa Rica Sky to Sea mountain biking tour:
- Destination Immersion from Mountains to Beaches: Biking affords the opportunity to see Costa Rica in a new way, including the Arenal Volcano and surrounding Lake Arenal, the Bebedero River with all of its wildlife and the magnificent secluded beaches of the Pacific Coast
- Picturesque Variety of Terrain: The trip crosses the Continental Divide and winds through tropical forests, traditional farmlands, coffee and sugar cane plantations, cloud forests, national parks and lakeshores to the magnificent Pacific Ocean
- Exhilarating Biking for All: Roughly 60% of the biking experience is downhill, making it a great learning trip for beginners, while a support vehicle always accompanies the group for safety
- Expert Instruction: Guests receive expert training from experienced instructors who provide daily coaching and teach new skills that they bring home after the trip is over
- Wildlife Crossing: Certified naturalists point out wildlife, flora and fauna along the biking trials and during an afternoon river safari
- Rest & Relax: Accommodations are in modern hotels, peaceful riverside resorts, cozy bungalows and idyllic mountain resorts with their own hot springs
Pricing for the 8-day Costa Rica Sky to Sea biking tour begins at $2,090 per person, double occupancy. Departure dates in 2015 include March 22, May 17, July 19, November 1 and December 20. For more information, click here. The standard price includes 7 nights accommodations (double room occupancy); daily level-specific instruction with expert coaches or instructors; 6 days of biking; all breakfasts and 3 lunches; support vehicle during rides; all ground transportation including group airport transfers; local naturalist guide; River Safari; and entry fees to National Parks. Standard price does not include: airfare; insurance; bike and helmet rentals; and discretional gratuities.
About Access Trips: Access Trips is the leading adventure travel operator specializing in exotic learning vacations to 13 countries worldwide. The company offers a wide range of small-group outdoor sports and culinary-focused trips, expertly designed for guests to experience a new culture, learn new skills or fine-tune existing ones, and revel in the splendor of their destination. Based in Seattle and launched in 2001, the Access Trips portfolio of vacations includes cooking, surfing, mountain biking, snowboarding, skiing and multisport itineraries. Access Trips caters to a variety of skill levels from novice to expert in a relaxed, non-intimidating setting led by world-class instructors and multilingual guides. For more information about Access Trips, please visit www.AccessTrips.com.