I have admittedly only watch the Country Music Awards (CMAs) twice. Once in 2007 when Jaime Fox appeared with the Rascal Flats and yesterday to see Beyonce'. I had no clue that it was the 50th Anniversary but adding Beyonce' to the line up was great decision. I am certain that the ratings were increased which is why she came on toward the end but make no mistake she delivered as always. Along with the Dixie Chicks she flawlessly performed ‘Daddy's Lessons' and brought down the house!
Today I learned that the Country Music Association has removed all traces of her performance on social media. There are no tweets, instagram post and she doesn't show up on the performers page which is disheartening. She's not the traditional definition of country music but this song screams country which is why it is fitting. If you watched the performance you could hear the audience chanting “Texas”
Oh, oh, oh
Texas, Texas (oh, oh, oh) Texas
Came into this world
Daddy's little girl
And daddy made a soldier out of me
Oh, oh, oh
Daddy made me dance
And daddy held my hand
Oh, oh, oh
And daddy liked his whisky with his tea
And we rode motorcycles
Blackjack, classic vinyl
Tough girl is what I had to be
This performance was trending on twitter with both positive and negative responses. I guess the negative responses were too much but obviously the @CMA didn't realize that the Beyhive always rises to the occasion. Say what you want but the collaboration was genius considering both have been accused of some political protest.
Did you see the performance?
- See A Thousand and One Before it Hits Theaters
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods Movie Review: A Spoiler-Free Look at DC's Latest Film
- See Shazam Fury of the Gods before it Hits Theaters
- Getaway at the Greenhouse Welcomes Everyone to Fairmount Park
- Attend a Private Screening of Amsterdam
- 2nd Street Festival Takes Over Northern Liberties
- Mixed-ish- Is it DVR Worthy?
- Mean Girls Broadway
- Free Passes to Godfather of Harlem hosted by Charlie Mack
- Grab Your FREE Passes to See Hustlers
- Marlon Wayans is a Sextuplet
- Broadway Philadelphia 2019/20 Season Announcement