I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
As day 365 comes to a close, I’m reminded of the many blessings and lessons this year! I am thankful for my family, my friends, and the community that we’ve built online. The year is coming to a close and I have nothing but great expectations of what’s to come. Planning for nothing less than greatness.
Here is my top 18 for 2018 as I prepare to welcome 2019.
1.California: I discovered my love of the West Coast and can’t wait to take my family in 2019. It started with Shiftcon in Irvine and ended in Greater Palm Springs at the Miramonte IndianWells Resort and Spa.
2. Breast Cancer Advocacy: Grant Review to help researchers fund cures, advocated on Capitol Hill to insure our elected officials had the right information to pass laws, attended conferences and spoke with researchers on the importance of putting the patient first, and launched a foundation, Shades of Brown, with a group of amazing advocates that will continue to address the needs of Women of Color.
3. Disney Social Media Moms Conference: I received the highly sought after invitation and almost didn’t attend. Family travel in February is not easy is with a middle and high schooler, so I took a momcation. It’s a trip that every adult needs to take at least once.
4. Holistic Living: Expanded my knowledge and desire to learn more about holistic treatment for breast cancer and living at the Annie Appleseed conference in West Palm, Florida
5. Date Night: There were not enough but we used the time we had to create memories and show love. I’ll let him make it up to me in 2019. Marriage is a journey and not a destination.
6. Lacrosse: Watched both kids excel at a sport they love and take risk. Watching them challenges me to perform greater in everything.
7. Ninja Warrior: Invited to participate on the track but unfortunately mother nature had other ideas. Fingers crossed for another invite!
8. Launched CAMPSquads: A collaborative effort with my blogging BFF Scherrie Donaldson of ThirtyMommy.
9. Events: Hosted intimate events for moms to connect and grow in Philadelphia and New York City
Life doesn’t require that we be the best, only that we try our best
~H. Jackson Brown Jr
10.Road Show: Spoke at WOW Summit on the importance of creating a squad.
11. Triple Negative Breast Cancer: Attended a panel discussion with a major pharmaceutical company to voice my opinions about the lack of treatment options especially in the African American community.
12. Amusement: I let my hair down and spent time at some great parks. I was like a kid in a candy store when I entered Disneyland and had lots of options to see Mater!!! Understood why the Supers are needed and rode every coaster Universal California had to offer. It was magical.
13. Philadelphia: Walked the runway at the Career Wardrobe biggest fundraising event. Discovered a great app for finding food in Philadelphia.
14. Luxury Travel: Discovered luxury gems aboard the Carnival Cruise line with the Permission to Hustle Retreat
15. Adventure: Cheered on my kids as they stepped out of their comfort area and tackled the jaws bridge Martha’s Vineyard.
16. Cars: Discovered my need for speed at the Girls Guide 2 Cars, Drive to Learn Conference. The BMW Performance Racetrack in Thermal California scratched an itch that I didn’t know existed.
17. Social Media: Increased my presence in the community and introduced weekly live segments. Tea Talk Thursday on Facebook has been fun and rewarding.
18. Relationships: Spent more time with my family being present! Made it a point to connect with more people face to face.
Don’t forget to look back and embrace the greatness that life afforded you. What were your greatest moments?