This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
The days of buying a car just because it looks good are over. Buyers want cars that are not only stylish but offer a bang for their buck. The Mercedes Benz E53 Cabriolet offers luxury, speed, convenience and more in beautiful package.
Who is the Mercedes Benz AMG-E53 for?
- Couples or Singles who want luxury.
- Mercedes Benz loyalist.
- Lovers of the Mercedes Benz E-Class.
- Drivers who want luxury in a performance car.
- Drivers who want the option of driving top down.
What are the best features?
It's was truly hard to pick the best features but here are my top five favorites that you don't want to be without.
- Smartphone Integration. Apple Play and Android Auto are easily recognized once plugged in.
- User Friendly Command Center. It is easy to navigate and the voice command actually works.
- Touch Control. Control the infotainment center without taking your hands off the steering wheel using swipe motions.
- Attention Assist. After assessing your driving patterns using 70 parameters with in minutes, the car recognizes various steering connections that are associated with the onset of drowsiness and alerts you to take a break.
- Pre-Safe. The car can sense a possible collision based on certain conditions and it prepares for the least amount of impact to the passengers. It can tighten the front seat belts, adjust headrest restraints and close any windows and/or sunroof.
How is the drive?
We tested the Mercedes Benz E53 Cabriolet on the open roads near the windmills of Palm Springs. It was the perfect test area as we were driving to Girl's Guide to Cars conference. The ride was smooth and it handled the curves better than expected. The high resolution command center allows you to adjust the modes accordingly to your driving conditions. We had helped prove that it can go from 0 – 60 in under five minutes. This feisty automobile did not disappoint.
With two additional passengers, it was easy to see that the automobile can accomodate people of various sizes with the rooftop up or down. There was plenty of legroom in the the three full size rear seats and space to store luggage in the trunk or personal items in the glove box or arm rest.
The leather interior and detailed trim add to the comfort and luxury. There are three USB charging ports for devices and if you have an updated device, just drop it on the wireless charging pad. It was great connecting the iPhone immediately to enjoy music or use those directional apps that we can't live without.
Speaking of music, the Burmester surround sound system provided a great listening experience as we cruised down the highway. The speakers are set in the door panel and if you use the optional Energizing comfort package it can select music from your smartphone to set the mood. This comfort system combines climate control, air fragrance, audio, ambient lighting and massaging driver front and passenger seats. This 10 minute program makes driving a delight again.
For around $80K, you can own this real driver's machine.