Last week, I had an ultrasound core breast biopsy. Sounds painful doesn't it? Surprising it was not. The doctor anesthesized a small area of my breast and a core needle was inserted and pieces of tissue was extracted. A small titanium clip was inserted to mark the spot of extraction. The process took less than 20 minutes but you have to wait 5 days to get the results.
After speaking with several women, I was surprised to learn how many of them had actually had this test performed but never told anyone.
Why are we keeping quiet? We should be encouraging every female we know to not only perform self breast exams but to get mammograms and visit a doctor.
If you have not been call the doctor today!
- Celebrate Global Running Day and Black Music Month with a special runDisney Playlist
- What Covid taught us about Infectious Disease Awareness Training- Scholarships Available
- 12 Amazing Physical Self-Care Ideas
- How to Take Care of Your Mental Health as a Mom
- 9 Habits That Will Improve Your Life
- How to Kickstart Your Daily Self Care Routine?
- Hey Brown Girl, Don’t Let Eczema Stop You
- Fit for the Week #FitNFab
- #FitNFab- Getting Started
- Let the Countdown Begin
- Meet My New Guy
- I'm RadioActive