THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I WILL EARN A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK THROUGH AND MAKE A PURCHASE.
Early Access Dates: 7/12-7/18
Public Sale Dates: 7/19-8/4
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019: What you need to know
- What’s Early Access? Early Access is the reason that most people get the Nordstrom credit card. It allows you to shop online and in store before the public sale. The best stuff goes quickly and and some things are not restocked.
- Get a Nordstrom card. The card grants you early shopping perks. If you are budget conscious, plan out what you are buying and pay it off immediately. The card allows you to make every dollar you spend count. Earn 3 points per dollar spent using your Nordstrom credit card in stores and online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club. 2,000 points gets you a $20 Nordstrom Note. A few times a year, there are bonus point perks which help you get to earning the Nordstrom Note faster. Nordstrom Notes spend like cash. You start earning Notes the moment you join.
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale features mainly FALL stuff! This is what makes the NSale so unique. Most sales feature end of season merchandise or whatever needs to be cleared off the rack to make room for new inventory. This is on trend new to store merchandise.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019: How to Prep
- Set a BUDGET. I can not say this enough because if you are like me, it is easy to walk in and spend 1K within the first twenty minutes.
- Shop your closet first. Sounds silly right? This avoids buying things that will not really work with your style unless you are doing a makeover. I can't tell you how many times I have purchased similar items that I later had to return.
- Be Prepared. This is one of my favorite sales, but it is overwhelming without a plan of attack. Decide what you must have and get that first before you get caught by the shiny nickel. Items sell out quickly and I often use multiple carts especially for the generic pieces.
- Check your Points and Triple Point Days! Cardholders know that this makes shopping guilt free because you could possible be getting things for free. Know your status before you hit send!
- Save time with in-store pickup. I often ask myself why didn't I present this option to stores. How many times, have you needed something with no time to ship and no interest in browsing the stores? This option is your answer! It is almost my favorite way of shopping. You can quickly choose what you want without stalking UPS. It also allows you to try-on in store and exchange while still there. This option generally keeps me on budget so I am not distracted by the shiny nickel.
- Size up or down. I generally read reviews on clothing for this reason but most of this merchandise will be new. Nordstrom however has one of theist retail return policies so you can easily return anything that doesn't fit.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019: What to Buy
- All the FALL! If you like to stay on trend, don't worry because Nordstrom will have brights, plaid and animal prints. For the classic shopper, there will be stable pieces that work for any wardrobe.
- Skinny jeans or just regular jeans: Everyone should own one good pair.
- Cardigans: So many color and style choices
- Dresses: The brighter the better
- Boots: These were popular last year but sold out quickly.
- T-shirts: I just can't get enough.
- Fashion Sneakers: This is a trend that will not die out so get on board. Think comfort and style.
- Beauty: I can not stress enough how this is where you can really get a bang for your buck.
- Brands to Love:
- Spanx – The Faux Leggings is the perfect lightweight pull on legging that can be styled up with your favorite pumps and a blazer or styled down with fashion sneakers and a denim jacket. The added bonus is that it contours your body as only Spanx can. These make the perfect gift especially for the hard to shop for person in your life.
- Barefoot Dreams: The cozy chic lite island cardigan is just one a few pieces by Barefoot Dreams that I love. It's lounge wear that you can wear inside or outside. They are very popular for their blankets so imagine how the lounge wear must feel.
- Paige Demin: Who doesn't love the way denim hugs you in the rights areas but often times the price tag keeps you away. This is one of the best ways to get “nicer” demin.
- UGG: Think slippers and boots. They make excellent gifts.
- Stuart Weitzman: These are a must for every closet. Over the knee boots just sing fashionista.
- Birthdays, Christmas, Just Because – Do you often find yourself scrambling for a last minute gift or maybe unlike me you get your holiday shopping done early? The NSale is a great way to build your gift closet. I started building mine after becoming a breast cancer advocate. I have connected with some great women and often I send gifts so they know I can thinking of them. The Brow Duo kit is a favorite because chemotherapy wrecks havoc on brows.
The NSale is truly one of the hottest the shopping events of the year and I want to help you navigate. Make certain to check back and follow along on instagram as I will be spending lots of time in the store. If you want me to research something further for ya, just let me know. I can't wait to see what you grab. Tag me in your purchase photos. @TomikaTalks