The best way to get kids to try a variation of foods is to have them assist in the kitchen. It also helps when you add things that they already like. I told my daughter that we would be joining some fellow bloggers to try out some recipes using mangos. She smiled with excitement as we love mangos and probably don't buy them as often as we should. I have to admit that most fruit in my house is eaten raw or in a smoothie so this was going to be nice change.
Adding fruit such as mango to simple dishes can give it with sweet kick. During the cooking demonstration, we made Cinco De Mango Quesadillas and sampled mango salsa, frozen yogurt dipped mango pops and a mango and banana smoothie. All were delicious and something I had not tried before but the Quesadilla was something I figured I could get the picky eater in my house to try. My daughter agreed so we purchased the needed supplies to recreate it.
Prepped and ready to go I allowed my daughter to do most of the work.
I am happy to report that our picky eater loved it but ate it before we could get a picture. The Mango Board gave us a cook book and we will be trying out lots of recipes. We love that we can have the sweet taste of mangos all year round.
Visit www.mango.org for additional information on mango varieties, availability and recipes.
Do you cook with Mangos?
Disclosure: The Neighborhood was compensated for attending the class and posting this review. The comments are hone and our own.
- Celebrate Global Running Day and Black Music Month with a special runDisney Playlist
- What Covid taught us about Infectious Disease Awareness Training- Scholarships Available
- 12 Amazing Physical Self-Care Ideas
- How to Take Care of Your Mental Health as a Mom
- How to Kickstart Your Daily Self Care Routine?
- No Peloton, No Problem: 7 Budget-Friendly Workout Tools You’ll Want To Use Everyday
- Hey Brown Girl, Don’t Let Eczema Stop You
- A Clear Message From Concussion
- Fit for the Week #FitNFab
- #FitNFab- Getting Started
- Meet My New Guy
- I'm RadioActive
These were SO good! Hats off to your little chef! Great job!
Comments are closed.