Do you have plans on May 16th? If they don't involve a visit to the park, here are five reasons why you should change that.
- May 16th National Park Trust Kids to Park day. This program in its 5th year is a great way to enjoy all the parks that are available and it doesn't have to be a national park. It is a day devoted to encouraging kids to explore the wonders of nature, discover science and adventures right around the corner or just across town.
- Active Kids are Healthy Kids. We live in a society where electronics have started to take over our homes. Obesity touches one in three children, so cities across the nation are encouraging their residents to use Kids to Parks Day as the first of many days spent outdoors, at local parks and recreation sites, to develop more active, healthy lifestyles.
- Join 37,000 people who have pledged to take celebrate the kids to park day. Signing the pledge at National Park Trust enters you to win a Nikon COOLPIX Camera. This is great for capturing your outside adventures.
- Outside play brings families together for important and irreplaceable family time while you create lifelong memories, traditions and fun. Many parks will have planned activities so all you have to do is show up prepared to have fun. A list can be found at http://www.parktrust.org/youthprograms/national-kids-to-parks-day/attend-an-event. I am lucky that I live within minutes of Valley Forge National Park and my families loves spending hours there. Last week we flew kites.
- This day comes with the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a prize package from the National Park Trust. The prize package consists of a “Buddy Bison” mascot stuffed animal, 2 National Geographic Books (National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide U.S.A.), a CamelBak BPA- and BPS-free reusable bottle, a T-shirt, and a NPT Park Activity Guide (a $75 value). Details below.
It's Time to Go Outside
#buddybison, #eco, #playoutdoors #outdoors #nationalparks #parkchat #wildlife #kids #parenting #outdoored #outdoorfamilies #outfam #hikerchat #edu #edchat #STEM
May 12, 2020
- Foodies Unite! Crave Montco is Back and it all looks delicious
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day and Help Preserve Our Planet
- Disney Dreamers Academy Day Three: The Jumpstart
- Disney Dreamers Academy Day Two: Discover the Possibilities
- 20 WAYS TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
- Disney Dreamers Academy Returns in Person for 2022 and Celebrates 15 years!
- Tabitha Brown + Essence Magazine
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021 Shopping Guide
- Philadelphia based Franklin Institute Breaks World Record
- Let Comcast Help Ease Pandemic Stress
- Planning a Teen Party with Razor Scooter Obstacle Course and Giveaway
- Sofia Vergara and the Ninja Coffee Bar
My favorite thing to do at the park is read a book.
Play as a family 🙂
My favorite thing to do at the park is take pictures of happy children!
We are very active with our children, exploring parks and doing lots of hiking. It’s great to unplug and return to nature.
I’m going running on Saturday and we have soccer in the am.
We go to the park and hike
The park by our house has nature trails. We love walking them as a family.
I love the slides!
We went to the park today 🙂 my favorite thing is watching my kids laugh while they play
Comments are closed.