Sir Winston Churchill said “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” I learned this quote as a child and have never forgotten it. I realize and teach my children the important of giving. I am honored to participate in this day of giving and hope that you will join me. I have made it easy for you by listing ways that my family gives.
- Pink Ribbon Stilettos. This organization is just getting started but it was founded by me after I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I had no clue all the things that came along with the diagnosis. We are currently raising money to fund the necessary programs in our area.
- Inter-faith Housing Alliance: As co-founder of Shades of Social Media, we adopted this facility in an effort to provide gifts to the eight families in need this season. We have created a gift registry on Amazon to make it easier to donate.
- Goodwill: This is the perfect time to clean out your closets and reduce the clutter in your home.
- Food Banks and Pantries: The number of families they continue to remain hungry baffles me. As a country we waste so much food. Research your local food bank or pantry and see how you can help.
- Holiday Cheer: Gather the family and friends to spread cheer during this holiday season. You can sing carols or make cards to donate to a local shelter or nursing home.
- Postpartum Progress: Started by Katherine Stone as a public charity that exists to improve the support and services for pregnant & new mothers with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. The information on the site is for educational and advocacy purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or psychological condition.
- Alex's Lemonade: Join them as they fight childhood cancer one cup at a time.
- Pay it forward: If anyone has ever done something nice for you, then pass it on.
- Start a Drive: Now is a great time to collect mittens and hats for kids or blankets for the homeless.
- Volunteer and bring a friend: There are so many organizations that need bodies to continue their missions.
For many #GivingTuesday ideas, visit Bloganthropy.
How will you give this season?