The invitation arrived for the “Permission to Hustle Retreat” aboard the Carnival Paradise Ship and I wanted to say No. I knew business wise it was an opportunity that might not happen again. The women running the event (Audrey McClelland and Vera Sweeney), were ones that I admired as they are “killing the game” With much prodding from my Blogger BFF, Scherrie of ThirtyMommy, I agreed. I have a certain way that I like to travel and after a bad experience on a different Carnival Ship, I vowed never again.
Never Say Never
I arrived early in Florida and quickly made my way through the cruise terminal with no delay. There were unlimited burgers at Guy….burger joint and even though we did not get the alcohol package the drinks were reasonably priced. I had a big smile on my face as I arrived at the room and saw that our luggage was waiting outside our door. That smile quickly faded when I remembered that we had twin beds and was on the brink of tears, when I realized that we did not have a balcony. How would I survive?
Habitual cruisers reminded me that I went on the cruise with the wrong intentions but day one of the retreat, changed my entire view and actually bought about lots of smiles. The room was spacious enough for both of us and all of luggage especially the shoes. I never felt claustrophobic and we spent many nights laughing and reflecting on the day while being rocked to sleep.
Carnival Cruise line is not about luxury, it is about fun! After all it is call the FunShip but it wouldn't be me if I didn't bring some luxury along.
Carnival Cruise line is very popular for their inexpensive cruises so it allows you to splurge on other things that might be more costly on other cruises.
I actually got in the water with Stingrays. Sounds crazy right? Well I threw caution to the wind and boarded a boat where stingray fun was about to commence. The water was beautiful. You could literally see to the bottom and it was not very deep. The stingrays just swam around and the guides lifted them so we could get up close and personal. Some in my group actually kissed them but I'm not about that life. Carnival offers several when you book your cruise and there are also a few available at port.
Mr. Sanchos- Cozumel
A fun place to visit when you're coming off of a cruise for the day. For a flat fee, you can eat and drink all day they deliver what they advertise. The food is made to order, and is actually pretty decent but the drinks made up for any shortcomings. We rented a cabana that was close to the beach and it made the perfect backdrop for a relaxing day.
Buy that dress or bathing suit that you've been eyeing but didn't want to spend the money on. You will see a wide variety of options on the ship especially at dinner. Remember to pack for your destinations.
A girl can never have too many, so buy them all! As a stiletto girl, I would not recommend them for most cruises since you will be doing lots of walking but here are a few of my favorites.
- Birkenstocks– add some color and comfort to your outfits. Grab the waterproof ones also to match your swimwear.
- Tory Burch Miller Sandal– this is a shoe that never goes out of style but compliments any outfit.
- Espadrille Wedge Sandal– wedges are the perfect way to add height while maintaining comfort.
- Peep toe Sandal– a good peep toe can carry you across a few seasons.
- Strappy Sandal– there is something sexy about a strappy sandal. Just ask your mate if you don't believe me.
A simple necklace can take you from night to day very quickly. Jewelry is easy as it is generally light but if you're like me, you generally wear the same piece. This is why I love my Rocksbox subscription. It allows me to rotate 3 pieces each month for a flat fee. Try it out and get 2 free months when you use code lifeinpumpsxoxo.
Do you have a cruise as part of your travel plan this year?
- Experience Dallas Texas & Ride in Style with the 2022 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Bronze Edition!
- First Drive: Get Up Close and Personal with the 2023 Kia Niro
- Why the Philadelphia Guild House Hotel is Perfect for your next Staycation or Visit to Philly
- Top 7 Safety Tips You Should Follow While Having a Road Trip
- East Passyunk is Open and Perfect for a Stroll
- Practice Self-Care while Traveling
- “What Drives Her” A Chat with Women in Automotive
- All You Need to Know about the PORSCHE EXPERIENCE CENTER ATLANTA
- Your Guide to the Best Walking Shoes for a Visit to Washington DC
- Ten Reasons to Celebrate Thanksgiving at Myrtle Beach
- Disney After Dark- Adults Only
- Top Seven Reasons to add Hersheypark to your Summer Fun!